nMars - Core War info
Core War is a programming game in which two or more battle programs (called warriors) compete for the control of the
MARS virtual computer (Memory Array Redcode Simulator).
These battle programs are written in an abstract assembly language called Redcode.
The object of the game is to cause all processes of the opposing program(s) to terminate,
leaving your program in sole possession of the machine. [from wikipedia]
If you are stil not sure what Core War is follow links below, but return back :-)
News and Groups
- Which Mars ? - (Will 'Varfar') - guide thru various MARS implementations.
- pMars - reference implementation of M.A.R.S.
Download binaries hosted here.
- Exhaust - (M Joonas Pihlaja) -
- Exhaust-ma - (Martin Ankerl) -
- exMars - (Martin Ankerl) -
- qMars - (Martin Ankerl) - engine written with C++ templates.
- Corewin - (Chip Wendell) - GUI IDE for Windows
- ARES - (Harald) - GUI IDE for Windows written in delphi.
- Yace - (Martin Ankerl) - evolver
- fMars - (Michal Janeczek) -
- PyCorewar - (Jens Gutzeit) -
- Redcoder - (Will 'Varfar') -
- Optimax - (Sascha Zapf) - constant optimizer
- Corewars - (Walter Hofmann) - GTK
- CRE - (Loren Jamison) - evolver
- ICWS94 - draft of standard. But current implementation of pMars is stronger rule.
- ICWS94 - Overview
List is not yet satisfactory, if you missing your favorite site here, please let me know.